Monday 7 October 2013

A Touch of Autumn Colour

 
I thought I'd take the opportunity to share a bit of colour with you before the weather turns.


This Virginia Creeper has crept in to our garden from two houses away. One day, my neighbour might decide they no longer want this rather invasive beast overrunning their space and the link between my garden and the roots of this plant will be severed.

 
I am rejoicing in it while it lasts. It creates the perfect backdrop for the Anemones...
 
 
...and it's almost hidden the bin! Something I've been trying to do for ages. Don't you just love the little roundy bits left behind by the Anemone flowers too?
 
...and these lovely twisty, tentacle-like aerial roots of the Virginia Creeper?
 
 
xx

1 comment:

  1. What beautiful colouring the Virginia Creeper has. Is it always like this or is it due to Autumn?

    The tentacle/roots freak me out though. Childhood thing - my mam had a cheese plant and it had long tentacles. My sister, being the loving sibling as they usually are, said they would creep up the wall and get into my bedroom and strangle me when I was asleep. Ever since then I've hated roots and tentacles. Can't think why !!!! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for stopping by and leaving your thoughts - I love to read them x